Senior tri-captain Kristen Raverta teamed with sophomore Alicia Menezes to dominate at No. 1 doubles and returned to win convincingly at No.1 singles.
Jeffs Top Williams, 6-3
October 9, 2005
WILLIAMSTOWN, MA - The Amherst College women's tennis team closed out its fall dual-match slate on Saturday with a 6-3 victory at Williams College. The Jeffs swept all three doubles tilts and took the top three singles matches to clinch the victory and improved to 4-0, while Williams dropped to 3-1.
Amherst's senior tri-captain Kristen Raverta (W. Springfield, MA) teamed with sophomore Alicia Menezes (Staten Island, NY) to win convincingly at No. 1 doubles, 8-2, and came back to dominate her singles opponent at No. 1, 6-3, 6-2. Menezes surrendered just four games at No. 3 singles to post a 6-2, 6-2 victory, while classmate Monica Snyder (Newton, MA) cruised past her opponent at No. 2, 6-1, 6-1.
The Jeffs return to action Friday afternoon, hosting the New England Women's Intercollegiate Tennis Tournament.
October 9, 2005 * Amherst 6 – Williams 3
1. Kristen Raverta (Amh.) def. Alex Maclennan (6-3, 6-2)
2. Monica Snyder (Amh.) def. Courtney Bartlett (6-1, 6-1)
3. Alicia Menezes (Amh.) def. Cary Gibson (6-2, 6-2)
4. Annie Hancock (Wil.) def. Jennifer Murphy (6-4, 6-0)
5. Alison Rottkamp (Wil.) def. Hadley Miller (6-1, 6-2)
6. Annie Schneidman (Wil.) def. Laura Stein (6-1, 6-0)
1. Menezes/Raverta (Amh.) def. Gibson/Schneidman (8-2)
2. Murphy/Snyder (Amh.) def. Maclennan/Hancock (9-7)
3. Stein/Miller (Amh.) def. Bartlett/Rottkamp (9-8(7))