Rookie Alicia Menezes posted a 6-1, 6-1 singles victory on Saturday.
Jeffs Blank Williams, 9-0
October 9, 2004
AMHERST, MA - The Amherst College women’s tennis team swept visiting Little Three archrival Williams College on Saturday, 9-0. The Jeffs won every set in the match, posting their third consecutive victory over the Ephs and improving to 4-1 on the season.
Amherst opened the match with a trio of doubles victories as senior Rachel Holt (New York, NY) and first-year Alicia Menezes (Staten Island, NY) notched an 8-5 win, junior Kristen Raverta (W. Springfield, MA) and sophomore Katie Hudson (Los Altos, CA) teamed for an 8-3 victory, and senior quad-captain Erin Murphy (Yonkers, NY) and rookie Laura Stein (Rockport, ME) blanked Williams first-years Katrina Ferrara (Sewickley, PA) and Jane Kelley (Honolulu, HI) 8-0. The Jeffs dominated in singles play as well as the closest match was a 6-1, 6-3 win by Hudson over Ferrara.
Amherst closes it fall slate Friday, Saturday and Sunday, hosting the New England Championships.
October 9, 2004 * Amherst 9 - Williams 0
1. Kristen Raverta (AMH) def. Brittany Binet (6-2, 6-1)
2. Rachel Holt (AMH) def. Allison Rottkamp (6-2, 6-0)
3. Alicia Menezes (AMH) def. Anne Schneidman (6-1, 6-1)
4. Katie Hudson (AMH) def. Katrina Ferrara (6-1, 6-3)
5. Laura Stein (AMH) def. Lauren Ayres (6-1, 6-2)
6. Erin Murphy (AMH) def. Jane Kelley (6-1, 6-1)
1. Menezes/Holt (AMH) def. Schneidman/Rottkamp (8-5)
2. Raverta/Hudson (AMH) def. Ayres/Binet (8-3)
3. Murphy/Stein (AMH) def. Kelley/Ferrara (8-0)