Amherst senior Rachel Holt posted her third straight singles victory on Wednesday, winning 7-5, 7-6 (2) in the No. 1 match.
Jeffs Top Tufts, 6-3
April 12, 2005
MEDFORD, MA - In a match that was forced indoors due to inclement weather, the Amherst College women’s tennis team topped host Tufts University 6-3, taking home four out of six singles matches and two out of three doubles tilts on Wednesday. The Jeffs improved to 7-3 with their third consecutive win, while Tufts fell to 7-3.
Amherst senior Rachel Holt, junior Kristen Raverta and rookie Monica Snyder all won their third straight singles matches, and senior Tristan Hedrick picked up a singles victory as well, downing Tufts senior Jennifer Lejb, 6-4, 0-6, 7-5. Holt and Hedrick teamed for an 8-6 win over Tufts sophomores Jennifer Luten and Kylyn Deary at No. 1 doubles, and Amherst senior Erin Murphy and first-year Laura Stein posted their third consecutive doubles victory, defeating Tufts senior Ashley Weisman and junior Rebecca Bram, 8-3.
The Jeffs return to action Saturday at 1 p.m. against visiting Wellesley College.
Amherst 6 - Tufts 3
1. Rachel Holt (AC) def. Jennifer Luten (7-5, 7-6 (2))
2. Tristan Hedrick (AC) def. Jennifer Lejb (6-4, 0-6, 7-5)
3. Kristen Raverta (AC) def. Rebecca Bram (6-2, 6-0)
4. Kylyn Deary (TUF) def. Hadley Miller (7-6 (2), 6-3)
5. Monica Snyder (AC) def. Trina Spear (6-1, 6-0)
6. Stephanie Ruley (TUF) def. Erin Murphy (6-3, 3-6, 10-6)
1. Holt/Hedrick (AC) def. Luten/Deary (8-6)
2. Neda Pisheva/Lejb (TUF) def. Raverta/Hudson (8-3)
3. Murphy/Laura Stein (AC) def. Ashley Weisman/Bram (8-3)