2003 Amherst Volleyball Milestones
- Finished with a 25-8 overall record (7-3 in conference play), posting winning streaks of seven, six and 10 matches along the way.
- Earned the No. 4 seed in the NESCAC Postseason Championship Tournament - the Jeffs’ 11th straight postseason appearance - where they downed fifth-seeded Tufts University 3-2 in the quarterfinals before falling to Williams 3-0 in the tournament semifinals.
- Led the NESCAC and finished 10th in the nation in blocks (3.48/gm). Also third in the NESCAC and 13th in the nation in hitting percentage (.283).
Senior co-captain middle hitter Lauren Wong (San Francisco, CA)
- New England Women’s Volleyball Association (NEWVA) Honorable Mention All-New England.
- Second-Team All-NESCAC.
- Voted Third-Team Academic All-District 1 by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA).
- Finished third in the NESCAC in blocks per game (1.36) and 10th in hitting percentage (.310).
Junior setter Annie Hoeksma (Los Angeles, CA)
- First-Team All-NESCAC for the second straight season.
- NESCAC Fall All-Academic.
- Earned Tournament MVP honors at the WNEC Invitational, dishing out a combined 117 assists in wins over Mass. College, Pine Manor, Plymouth St. and Westfield St.
- Finished fifth in the NESCAC in assists per game (9.38).
First-year outside hitter Kristin Quinn (Los Angeles, CA)
- New England Women’s Volleyball Association (NEWVA) Second-Team All-New England and New England Rookie of the Year.
- NESCAC Rookie of the Year.
- Earned All-Tournament honors at both the WNEC and Wesleyan Invitationals.
- Finished 13th in the nation in blocks per game (1.52) and 10th in hitting percentage (.420).
- Led the NESCAC in hitting percentage (.420) and finished second in blocks per game (1.52).