Sophomore Kristen Raverta posted singles and doubles wins for the Jeffs.
Jeffs Fall at Williams, 5-4
October 10, 2003
WILLIAMSTOWN, MA - The Amherst College women’s tennis team posted its first loss of the season, falling 5-4 at archrival Williams College on Friday, despite singles wins by juniors Rachel Holt (New York, NY) and Tristan Hedrick (Walnut Creek, CA) and sophomore Kristen Raverta (W. Springfield, MA).
The Ephs and Jeffs split the afternoon’s six singles matches, but Williams secured the victory by wining two out of three doubles tilts. Raverta and senior captain Wallis Molchen (Wilmington, DE) posted the lone Amherst doubles win, 8-4, over Williams’ Courtney Bartlett and Julie Mallory.
Now 5-1 on the season, Amherst concludes its fall slate this Friday through Sunday, hosting the New England Championships.
Friday, October 10, 2003 @ Williams College - Williamstown, MA
WILLIAMS 5 - AMHERST 4
1. Rachel Holt (Amh.) def. Steph Hall (7-6, 6-0)
2. Tristan Hedrick (Amh.) def. Julie Mallory (6-0,6-1)
3. Kristen Raverta (Amh.) def. Alexandra Maclennan (6-1, 6-1)
4. Kate Troy (Wil.) def. Wallis Molchen (2-6, 6-2, 6-2)
5. Courtney Bartlett (Wil.) def. Hadley Miller (6-1, 6-1)
6. Caroline Wasserman (Wil.) def. Katie Hudson (7-5, 6-1)
1. Hall/Troy (Wil.) def. Hedrick/Holt (8-4)
2. Wasserman/Maclennan (Wil.) def. Miller/ Murphy (8-4)
3. Molchen/Raverta (Amh.) def. Bartlett/Mallory (8-4)