Jeffs Drop Third Straight, Swept at No. 23 Trinity
April 20, 2004
HARTFORD, CT - In a match abbreviated by darkness, the Amherst College menís tennis team dropped its third straight match on Tuesday, falling 4-0 at 23rd-ranked Trinity College. Sophomore Scott Bronner (Chicago, IL) and first-year Karti Subramanian (Washington, DC) picked up a doubles win for the Jeffs, defeating Trinity sophomores Paul Baumgartner and Dan Merns, 8-4.
Amherst sophomores Josh Rilla (Westboro, MA) and Danny Babkes (Baltimore, MD) suffered a narrow doubles loss, falling 9-8 to sophomore Jonathan Hart and first-year Brian Marsden, as the Jeffs dropped to 6-7 on the year.
Amherst returns to action on Wednesday, hosting MIT, before traveling to Williams College for this weekend's NESCAC Tournament.
Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - Trinity College - Hartford, CT
TRINITY 4 - AMHERST 0
1. Brian Marsden vs. Josh Rilla DNF
2. Brian Waldron vs. Danny Babkes DNF
3. Jimmie Ames (T) def. Jeff Lawrence (6-3, 6-1)
4. Richard Lawrence vs. Max Rettig DNF
5. Csaba Godry (T) def. Rob Feeley (6-4, 6-0)
6. Scott Levy (T) def. Jon Godsall (7-5, 6-0)
1. Hart/Marsden(T) def. Babkes/Rilla (9-8)
2. Ames/Levy (T) def. Godsall/Lawrence (8-5)
3. Scott Bronner/Karti Subramanian (Amh.) def. Paul Baumgartner/Dan Merns (8-4)