2002-03 Amherst Women's Basketball Milestones
- Finished with a 12-12 overall record (2-7 NESCAC), narrowly missing out on the eighth and final spot in the NESCAC Postseason Championship Tournament.
- Won their first nine games of the season, highlighted by a pair of victories over WNEC and Westfield State at the Pioneer Valley Classic, hosted by Springfield.
- Finished 24th in the nation in rebounding margin (6.9) and 46th in field goal percentage defense (34.7%).
- Led the NESCAC in three-point field goal percentage (.312), blocked shots (5.79 bpg) and defensive rebounding (29.83 rpg).
Senior Tri-Captain Guard Sara Bozorg (Amherst, MA)
- Graduates as Amherst’s career record holder in steals (200). Second all-time in assists (339).
- NESCAC Winter All-Academic.
- Led the NESCAC in free throw percentage (.902), finished fourth in assists (3.47 apg), ninth in steals (2.16 spg) and 11th in assist/turnover ratio (0.97).
Senior Tri-Captain Forward/Center Sarah Walker (W. Hartford, CT)
- Graduates as Amherst’s career record holder in rebounds (863) and blocked shots (160).
- Fourth in the NESCAC in blocked shots (1.16 bpg), fourth in offensive rebounding (3.32 rpg), fifth in defensive rebounding (5.00 rpg) and fifth in overall rebounding (8.3 rpg).
Junior Guard Shannon Russell (Shrewsbury, MA)
- Finished her junior season as Amherst’s career record holder in three-pointers made (198). Sixth all-time in scoring (1,057 pts.) and 10th all-time in assists (144).
- Second-Team All-NESCAC.
- Scored her 1,000th career point in a 68-46 win over Springfield.
- Named the NESCAC Player of the Week on December 16, after draining five of seven three-point attempts and leading the Jeffs in scoring for the third straight game in a 68-52 victory over visiting Coast Guard.
- Finished 24th in the nation in three-point field goals per game (2.8).
- Led the NESCAC in three-point field goals made (2.75/gm), finished third in scoring (16.1 ppg), sixth in three-point field goal percentage (.338) and tied for ninth in blocked shots (0.88 bpg).
Junior Center Caitlin Farrell (Lafayette, CA)
- Finished her junior season as Amherst’s second all-time leading shot blocker with 111.
- Led the NESCAC in blocked shots (1.79 bpg), finished seventh in offensive rebounding (2.79 rpg), 10th in overall rebounding (6.8 rpg) and 15th in defensive rebounding (3.96 rpg).
Junior Guard Marissa McGuire (Minneapolis, MN)
- Tied for ninth in the NESCAC in blocked shots (0.88 bpg), 10th in defensive rebounding (4.54 rpg) and 20th in overall rebounding (5.5 rpg).
First-Year Forward Katie Latham (Wakefield, MA)
- Fifth in the NESCAC in field goal percentage (.510), 10th in free throw percentage (.709), 12th in overall rebounding (6.7 rpg), 13th in defensive rebounding (4.21 rpg), 14th in offensive rebounding (2.46 rpg) and 19th in scoring (10.6 ppg).
First-Year Forward Julie Smith (Villanova, PA)
- Twelfth in the NESCAC in blocked shots (0.84 bpg).