Need a letter of recommendation?
If this this the FIRST TIME I will be writing you a letter of recommendation, I must receive your request at least 10 days in advance.
If I have written a letter for you in the past, I must receive your request at least 7 days in advance.
To request a letter of recommendation:
- Contact me by either phone or email so that we can discuss the request.
- Fill out a Letter of Recommendation Request form.
- Be certain that it is filled out completely, then return it to me in person, or deposit it in the box by my office door.
- Be certain to attach all relevant materials.
- Download a copy of the form by clicking here.
- If the letter must be submitted electronically, be certain that I receive the exact email address or website address either from you or in an email sent out by the institution to which you are applying.
- If there are any forms that must accompany the letter of recommendation, be certain to completely fill out your part of the forms, and be certain to check and sign the section in which you waive your right to see the letter.
- I will get your letter off in time, but it never hurts to check in with me a day or two before the deadline just to keep me on my toes!