It contains performance dates, photos, vidoes and recordings and other information.
Performing the music of Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers and Horace Silver.
Stephen Page, piano, Wayne Roberts, bass, Bill Matthews, drums, Dick Poccia, reeds
Click the sax for a sample the EJQ performance at Schwemm's on October 14, 2010 of The Peacocks/Mr.PC. I play bass clarinet/bari, Stephen Page's beautiful piano solo, Dave Hobbs on bass, Bill Matthews on drums.
Django Reinhart's Nuage
From Guys and Dolls, I've Never Been in Love Before
Vernon David, cello; Joe Belmont, guitart; Dick Poccia, clarinets and soprano sax
Bill Lowe Andy Jaffe Big Band
____ Some youtubes of BLAJ
- A review from The Williams Record
Excerpts from You Tube
- Samba de Saudade Andy's uptempo Blues Samba with Paul Lieberman on piccolo and myself on bass clarinet
- Brainville Sun Ra's composition with Bruce Williamson and Ken Holman on altos, Paul Lieberman on tenor, Ben Griffin on trombone
- Hold Back Tomorrow Williams College senior Aspen Jordan sings on Bill Barron's beautiful ballad
- Star Spangled Rhythm horns and bones battle in patriotic theme, then Bruce Williamson on alto and Jeff Holmes on stride piano, arranged by Andy
- Writing....Crocodiles Bill Lowe's dramatic piece cannot be simply described, Freddie Bryant on bluesy guitar
Lowe-Jaffe Big Band Acton Jazz Cafe, Acton, MA, Fri March 2, 7:30/9:30 pm (Acton Jazz Cafe)
- Saturday, Sept 11, 2010
- 8:00 pm
- Aetna, Theater, The Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford CT
- Lowe Jaffe Repertory Big Band: Andy Jaffe, p; Bill Lowe, tb, tuba; Peter McEachern, Tim Atherton, John Wheeler, tb; Kris Allen, Ken Holman, as; Paul Liebrman, Philippe Crettien, ts; Dick Poccia bs, bc; Dave Stangerone, Louise Baranger, Jamie Finegan, Rob Faulkner, Ricky Alfonso, tp; John Clark fh; Freddie Bryant, g; Joel Martin, p; Henry Lugo, b; Ben Belello, dr
- Featured artists: Nik Mathis, Antoinette Montague, Dotti Anita Taylor, Rozanne Levine, Deborah Weisz, Mark Whitecage
- Five saxes with variable rhythm sections.
- Bruce Krasin, as; Eddie Mari, as; Ken Nigro, ts; David Pope, ts, Dick Poccia, bs.
- Performing the music of Lennie Niehaus, Supersax and others.
- Performed at the White Nights Jazz Festival in St. Petersburg, Russia, June 1994 and at the Jazz Philharmonic Hall.. To find out more about upcoming dates at the hall, click on St. Petersburg Press and you will get an English translation of this newspaper. Check the Culture Section under Music Scene and Club Guide. Cover charge was 20,000 rubles for foreigners.
Brother Yusuf Salim Project
- performing the works of the late Brother Yusuf Salim, (1929-2008) jazz pianist and composer of Baltimore and Durham
Click the sax for a sample from the Brother Yusuf Salim Project at Munson Library March 8, 2009. I play Mine Beloved, composed and arranged by Brother Yusef
Click the next sax for a sample from the EJQ performance at Schwemm's on October 28, 2008 of My Foolish Heart. Dick Poccia, bari, Ken Forfia, piano, Dave Hobbs, bass, Bill Matthews, drums
Click the next sax for a sample from An Imperfect Storm: I play the baritone sax backup line to Kitty Kathryn's vocal Straighten Up and Fly Right (Jaffe-Lowe Big Band).
Click the next sax for a sample from the HCC Amherst Jazz Orchestra Concert on Feb 28, 2003 with Peter Erskine on his composition Song for Jaco. I play the bari solo, Steve Sontag on flugelhorn, Erskine on drums.
Click the next sax for a sample from the Eclectic Jazz Quartet on March 10, 2010 at Schwemm's playing Tadd Dameron's On a Misty Night. Dick Poccia, alto, Stephen Page, piano, Dave Hobbs, bass, Bill Matthews, drums
Lives!" -Dexter Gordon