AAS Van Policy
The AAS has one van available for student use from the first day of classes in the fall until the last day of classes in the spring. All requests are handled online. The policies are as follows:
- Students can submit requests for van usage up to one month in advance of their trip date.
- Requests must be made through the AAS website van request form and include the name of the group requesting the van, contact person, date and time of trip, destination, and purpose of trip. Requests must also include a statement expressing commitment to adhere to AAS Budgetary Committee non-discrimination, accessibility, and admittance policies as detailed in the AAS constitution.
- No group can reserve the van more than three times per month.
- Priority will be given to AAS Budgetary Committee recognized clubs but all students are encouraged to apply as long as usage abides by AAS Budgetary Committee non-discrimination, accessibility, and admittance policies.
- Usage will only be approved for trips that have a clear value to the student body and fall within the scope of a group’s purpose.
- The contact person will receive an approval slip signed by the AAS Secretary through campus mail. The slip must be presented to campus police in order to receive keys for the van.
- Van usage policies are the same as the Amherst College Pool Vehicle Policy.
- The AAS Secretary will maintain the master schedule of van usage through the AAS website.
Policies effective February 10, 2006.