AAS SENATE MEETING

Monday, February 9, 2004

 

I. Attendance

SENIOR SENATORS

3

Kay Bradley

X

Mihailis Diamantis

X

Lincoln Mayer

X

Luke Swarthout

U

JUNIOR SENATORS

 

Ethan Davis

X

Rosalyn Foster

X

Jin-Young Kim

X

Daniel Reiss

X

Christian Sanchez

X

David Scherr

X

Justin Sharaf

X

SOPHOMORE SENATORS

 

Rania Arja

X

Taamiti Bankole

X

Caleb Deats

X

John Lian

X

Mira Serrill-Robins

X

Ian Shin

X

Matt Vanneman

X

FRESHMEN SENATORS

 

Richa Bhala

X

Avi Das

X

Noah Isserman

X

Marco Locascio

U

Gloria Monfrini

X

Levan Moulton

X

Christina Ryu

X

Jacob Thomas

X

TOTAL SENATORS

 

 

 

EXECUTIVE BRANCH

 

Andre Deckrow

X

Elan Ghazal

X

Ryan Park

X

Paris Wallace

E

3 2/9/04

LEGEND:

 

 

 

 

x = Present

 

 

 

E = Excused Absence

 

U = Unexcused Absence

/ = Half an Absence

 

II. Call to Order (9:03 PM)

 

III. Approval of the Minutes (9:04 PM)

Roz: Motion to approve the minutes.

Christina: Second.

Roz: The BC recs are from this week, not last week.

Mira: At the bottom of page two, it doesn’t really make sense what it says that I said.

Mihailis: It should be call not move the question.

Minutes are approved by unanimous consent.

 

IV. Officer Reports (9:06 PM)

A. President

Ryan: We noted that it is very easy for members of the AAS to be accused of using their position to help whatever other particular interests they have. Just to insulate ourselves from that unfounded accusation, I wrote up this thing that is something we can just follow. No senator with an intimate attachment to a club or organization will motion to give funds to that organization.

Christian: Do you mean E-board positions or membership in a group?

Ryan: I just really want to say that if you feel a strong affinity to a group you should probably not be motioning to give money to them.

Dan: I remember there was an amendment proposed to that affect and I think we shot it down.

B. Vice President

Elan: I would like to welcome back Christian to the Senate. Next week we are going to meet at 8:30 PM because the Library Committee is going to come talk to us about replacing the librarian. Avi has been appointed Sergeant at Arms. Speech night is on Wednesday, 9 pm at James Basement. It would be nice if we went to see who will be joining us.

Jake: What is the attendance policy now?

Elan: We wiped off the tardy policy.

C. JC Chair

Andre: As I said, I took no part in the deliberation or making of this.

Decision in the case of Sanchez v. Ghazal as heard by the AAS Judiciary Council on Thursday, January 29th.

Mr. Christian Sanchez questioned the constitutional validity of Vice-President Elan Ghazal’s attendance policy.

 

CHERRY, MENON, and ROTHSCHILD in the majority.


We find the Vice President’s attendance policy to be unconstitutional and believe that Sanchez should resume his position as a Senator.

The wording of the Constitution states: "Any senator or member of the Executive Branch who fails to attend three (3) meetings per semester shall forfeit his or her seat on the Executive Branch or the Senate and its associated committees." Thus, we find an absence to be clearly defined as failing to attend. Failure to attend is distinct from arriving late or leaving early. Moreover, this language of the Constitution does not mention half absences. In defining absences as failing to attend, the Constitution precludes partial absences.

The absence policy is clearly delineated in Section II A of the Constitution under Meetings of the Student Senate, not under the duties of the Vice President as listed in IV C. While the Vice President is responsible for "maintain[ing] an attendance and voting record for all members of the AAS," this is distinct from creating an attendance or tardy policy. The section states that insofar as the Vice President does not have the power to create a voting policy, the Vice President may not also create an attendance policy.

In addition, the Vice President had included in his absence policy a half absence as a penalty for leaving early. This policy was never included in written communication from the Vice President to Senators regarding attendance; therefore, regardless of whether the Vice President had the power to create an attendance policy, Sanchez would still regain his seat.

While we agree with the spirit of the policy that ensures punctuality and quorum at meetings and requires Senators to uphold their responsibilities as elected members, we currently find no room for one in the Constitution. We thus recommend that a Constitutional amendment be made in Section II A to clarify the attendance policy.

 

MARIANO and AMIRAPU, dissenting.

 

In contrast to the majority’s finding in the case, we believe that it is within the Vice-President's constitutionally delegated power to maintain and enforce an attendance policy.

In reaching their decision, the majority refers to Section II A of the constitution for the definition of the attendance policy. Here it is stated that "any Senator... who fails to attend three meetings shall forfeit his or her seat on the Senate." The majority takes the term attendance to mean, literally, presence at a meeting. But we cannot take this word at face value. By this strict definition, a Senator would have “attended” a meeting even if he or she had only shown up for a very small part of one. A Senator would be unaccountable for such behavior since he or she had, literally, “attended” the meeting. Certainly this was not the intention of the writers of the Constitution, and therefore we feel that it is reasonable and necessary that in maintaining an attendance record, the Vice-President has the ability to enforce an attendance policy.

A similar line of reasoning justifies the Vice-President's half-attendance policy. It is simply unreasonable to expect the text of the constitution to include every term that you might find necessary in running an organization like the Senate. The concept of a half absence is not wildly out of proportion from what you might expect from reading Section II A of the constitution. It would in fact be very surprising if the intention of the writers of the Constitution was to have no kind of penalty for missing parts of meetings. And Elan's penalties seem reasonable enough.

The majority further notes that the powers delegated to the Vice-President in the constitution include maintaining an attendance record, as opposed to an attendance policy. For them, then, the powers of the Vice-President relating to the issue of attendance include only noting whether or not Senators are present. The problem we find with this argument stems from the fact that the term attendance "policy" is not to be found anywhere in the Constitution. The closest thing is the Vice-President’s responsibility to “Maintain an attendance… record for all members of the AAS.” So although the exact term “policy” is not explicitly mentioned, we feel the duty to maintain an attendance policy must fall to the Vice-President because it is otherwise assigned to no one. Furthermore, it is the duty of the President of the Senate to maintain and promote integrity in the organization and so it is not unreasonable that the essential task of maintaining attendance policy is within the Vice-President's powers.

We understand the fear that the power to create an attendance policy may be an excess of discretion in the hands of one person.  However, we also understand that the Senate abides by Robert’s Rules, and thus may overrule any decision made by the Chair (the Vice-President). If the Senate feels that any particular attendance policy is unreasonable, they are capable of overturning it.

For these reasons, we respectfully dissent.

 

Elan: I was really going to protest this because there are some factual inaccuracies, but I decided that in the end, it would only cause more problems. Christian's half absences were given due to coming late alone and had nothing to do with leaving early. This is one
point the J.C. got wrong. Another thing was the control of the Attendance Policy.
Although it may not be explicitly stated, the Vice President is in charge of
the attendance policy. This is implicitly stated in the AAS Constitution.
The Vice President is the only member that has anything to do with recording
and enforcing the Constitutional rules regarding attendance. And lastly, the
JC erred in saying that the VP is not in charge of Voting Policy. In
Robert's Rules of Parliamentary Procedure, it dictates that the Chairperson
is in charge of taking and recording votes and all the additional procedure
that accompanies them.

 

V. Announcements (9:16 PM)

Mira: The Head Librarian is a very important person. The Head Librarian of the college controls a 4.7 million dollar budget and all of the libraries on campus. The current person has been there for many years. They are going to shape the Amherst library system. We are going to get an integrated library system. It is important, please encourage people to come to the meeting. The chairs of the committee, the professors, are going to bring donuts and cider. For the Millionth Volume Celebration they want to use one of the DVDs the sophomore class bought and if any sophomores have any ideas about the DVD they want to put on display just email me let me know why you want that particular one. They are going to be playing the DVD. They want to make it an interactive event. There will be food and other activities.

Noah: This is in regards to our first semester project of buying an arcade game. We have just secured the person we are buying it from. We received matching funding from the Campus Center. We are purchasing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and The Simpsons games.

Matt: Elections are Thursday, all day. Encourage people to vote especially seniors since no one is running.

Reads list of people running.

Write-ins will be available for the 04s.

Dan: The CEP discussed the issue of reducing homework during the shopping period. The decision was that it was unfeasible to not have homework. We recommended that a senator interested in this talk to the faculty about it.

Molibi: I came to explain my resignation. The three main reasons for my resignation are my academic burdens, personal pressures, and a sort of ideological disillusionment. I am going to talk about the third really quickly. I woke up one morning toward the last of the semester and wondered why I was a part of this organization. I realized that I had lost the plot, I didn’t believe in the dream anymore. I thought about government and democracy and the honor that comes with serving people and sacrificing your time and energy for people. I would be betraying my own honor and dream by continuing my position here so I decided to resign. There is a hole in the structure and in believing in the constitution put together two and a half years ago. The biggest issue now is legitimizing the AAS and the people in it. The people in the AAS dissolve away the legitimacy of the organization and circumvent the constitution. To the people who call for bringing down the constitution, that is not going to help us, we just built it. It is still changing. We need to bring people together to believe in this. We need to find causes that actually matter. Our job is not to divide ourselves because of our personal interests and I commend Ryan in trying to curb this. It is up to the individuals in the Senate to think about their own personal integrity. Those are my reasons and I hope that you may change what has happened. I hope you try to get people involved in the Senate that you know would do a good job. Creating an organization that gives a voice to people that don’t have one is one of the most beautiful things in the world and is a huge responsibility and you cannot take it lightly. I hope that you reconsider your position and your role in the Senate. I hope you work toward something better instead of dealing with the little things. Try to look at the bigger picture.

Applause.

Mira: I am supposed to take a poll regarding whether people are more likely to come to the library event on a Thursday at 8 PM or 9 PM or on a Friday afternoon at 3 PM.

The majority prefer Friday.

John: How long will the event run?

Mira: It will be about an hour.

Matt: Meeting after for Elections Committee and Class Council chairs

Lincoln: Is it mandatory for us to be there on Speech Night?

Elan: No.

Lincoln: How is the tardy policy being defined?

Elan: I am not going to hold a tardy policy. If you come in late you will not receive a partial absence. If you miss a majority part of the meeting you will be counted as absent.

 

VI. Special Orders (9:32 PM)

A. BC Funding Recommendations

Elan: Paris couldn’t make it because he is feeling ill.

Week 2

 

 

 

 

1

Capoeria

Lessons

 

 

a

 

Addl. Lessons

540

0

 

 

Total

$540.00

$0.00

1

NA

Dance Expo

 

 

a

 

Registeration

500

0

 

 

Total

$500.00

$0.00

1

Affirmations

Addl. Meeting

 

 

a

 

Speaker

$500.00

$500.00

b

 

Food March

$850.00

$300.00

c

 

Food April

$850.00

$300.00

d

 

Travel April

$200.00

$0.00

e

 

Flowers

$100.00

$100.00

g

 

Organist

$150.00

$150.00

 

 

Total

$2,650.00

$1,350.00

1

NA

Spring Formal

 

 

a

 

Various

$24,000.00

Tabled

 

 

Total

$24,000.00

$0.00

1

NA

Frisbee

 

 

a

 

Mens Hotel

$1125.00

$900.00

b

 

Womens Hotel

$1125.00

$900.00

 

 

Total

$2250.00

$1,800.00

Total

 

 

$29,940.00

$3,150.00

 

Diego: I would like to bring up two points. One is in reference to the speech just given. I believe that what was said was excellent. The second point is about jumping through hoops. At the end of the semester I sat here for four hours and was told that nothing had happened with the funding of Amherst Capoeria. This is something that is increasing in popularity. People would like it since it means we are keeping up with the times. I went to meet with Roz to discuss the discretionary fund on Wednesday. And she told me to come back again on Wednesday. I went on Wednesday and they told me to come on Monday. I am here now and I would like to be funded. 70 people are on this email list and 40 people came on Sunday. People keep signing up and the more lessons, the more enriching an experience.

Mira: Motion to pass the BC funding recommendations.

Roz: Second.

Jake: I would like to amend the BC recs to fund Amherst Capoeria in full.

Dan: Second.

Matt: There is currently funding for 7 classes. There are other classes at Hampshire. We felt that this was a good place for dues to come into play.

Dan: It signifies the break of accepted policy. We had this discussion last week. I think it is a bit sudden to ask them to pay dues. We are again adversely affecting membership.

Matt: They requested 14 lessons in the initial allocation and we said we would fund half and the rest would be in dues.

Diego: We invited people from the BC to come see our practices and no one came.

Ryan: How many are Amherst College students?

Diego: 1/3.

Jin-Young: Another reason we discussed was that the same instructor goes to Hampshire and Amherst college students do attend.

Mira: How long are the lessons?

Diego: Three hours.

Mira: How much is Hampshire paying for the semester?

Diego: I’m not sure.

Mira: Would you say that the amount Hampshire students pay is more or less than Amherst?

Diego: I don’t know.

Mira: What is the association between the Amherst and Hampshire branches of this club?

Diego: We are in contact. The girl who gets funding at Hampshire hasn’t gotten back to me at this time. They have agreed to fund them but we don’t know how much yet.

Andre: I have a hard time dealing with the fact that the BC denies this group funding because they can pay dues. I think some people may have joined because they wouldn’t have to pay and the group is still growing.

Mihailis: I had a question for the BC. Was the club made cognizant of the justification for not funding them in full and funding them in half?

Ethan: Again, no club has the right to expect all the money they ask for will be given to them.

Mihailis: It seems like the BC expects some clubs to fund through dues and I was just wondering that as general policy, have you told these groups that they will have to pay for half of it through dues?

Jin-Young: I think if any club gets 50% of their budget they are lucky.

Lincoln: I think it is great that we have this club, but I also think we have to remember that this is not coming out of nowhere and we will have to say no to other clubs this semester. Since we can take advantage of the Five College lessons, we should leave it to them to go to Hampshire on their own initiative. I would also urge someone to move the question.

Mihailis: I am wondering if dues come into question in the private debates for every club.

Ethan: I do not recall if the word dues is mentioned with the debate of every club.

Would you be happy if every club that has a shortfall be regarded as dues?

Roz: Call the question.

SEE VOTE 6 BELOW. $540 increase for Capoiera - MOTION FAILS: 9-13-2.

Diego: I also wanted to point out that last semester when I discussed the funding of the club with a BC member that they said they weren’t sure if the club would have enough members to keep it going next semester. I just want to say that there are a lot of people in the club participating actively.

Mihailis: How many people are a part of Bi-semester?

Jin-young: I don’t know.

Mihailis: Was there a discussion about Bi-semester paying dues?

Matt: We ended up determining last Wednesday that they do two events a semester and that is its mission on campus. It is a minimal type of commitment and so dues weren’t necessary.

Dan: According to the constitutional bylaws, everyone can participate in a club. It seems like funding a club that only meets twice a semester questions our policy altogether. It seems like this policy merit investigation. When is it appropriate to charge dues and when isn’t it?

Elan: I would consider the student activities fee as dues. Keep in mind that every student is entitled to these fees because they already pay for them.

Rania: Call the question.

SEE VOTE 7 BELOW. BC Funding Recommendations – MOTION PASSES: 21-0-2.

 

VII. Unfinished business (9:55 PM)

Matt: I would like to table this in order to work on the Amnesty International issue. I move to table.

Roz: Second.

Richa: What is the motivation behind this?

Matt: Email me and I will answer all the questions.

 

VIII. New Business (9:58 PM)

A. Five College Student Coordinating Board Constitution

Ryan: The reason why I waited this long to introduce it to the Senate is because I wasn’t entirely sure of the direction the board was going and now I am and am pulling for it. I can table it until next time and bring copies.

It is tabled.

B. Online Directory

Jake: They want to integrate the records to make it a lot faster. They had some concerns about privacy. They want to make sure that the information on there is ok with the students since it will be made public. The sort of things they talked about is that a random person that is not part of the community would only know their name, campus box number, and email address. Students would access to home addresses, pictures, etc. They just want us to decide if we mind other people having our email address. The consequences of SPAM are slim to none.

Lincoln: This seems needless since the “to” button finds the email address.

Ethan: The solution would be to have an opt-out mechanism.

Mihailis: Is that feasible?

Jake: Yes, because you can control the access to the information at any level.

Justin: Anyone can access email addresses anyway. Are we going to be able to go in and change our information?

Jake: I think the information will be modifiable.

Andre: Have you talked to the post master about that?

Jake: I don’t think they have.

Jin-Young: Is it the type of thing where the person has to have my first and last name?

Jake: No.

Ryan: I am asking if the Senate agrees with Ethan’s opt-out mechanism idea.

Rania: What is the advantage to the students?

Ryan: It is an efficiency thing.

Noah: If we agree to set this up, would it be possible to set up the opt-out mechanism beforehand?

Jake: Yes. I have found that it is useful to contact friends at other institutions with this system.

Dave: I am almost certain that you can access email addresses without having to be a student.

Justin: Yes you can.

C. Phone Service

Ryan: Verizon is going to be creating an internal phone service thing that is part of Amherst but excludes students. Any phone that is a part of the college, except the student dorm phones, will be a part of this system. This is a huge expenditure up front and they aren’t extending it to students because it extends the expenditure. We will no longer have access to voicemail and we will no longer be a part of the Amherst network. There are other little inconveniences. The reason why they are not extending it to the students is that in 10 years when the next contract is up it won’t be worth it because student subscription rates are falling. If we paid the costs that we are paying now to Verizon to the college, in 10 years the costs would be mute.

Noah: Can he come speak with us?

Ryan: Yes.

Andre: It is also a matter of safety since ACEMS and the police are 4 digit numbers.

Ethan: I think we should have him come in since we don’t really have the answers.

Elan: Table this until we know he can come in.

D. TYPO

Mira: We met, and basically because TYPO was in effect for 3-4 weeks last semester, the money that we were allotted was for 1000 students and 325 students went. That money should be enough to get through this semester. We are putting additional restrictions in that students who went last semester can’t go this semester at least until the end. Also, seniors are going to get to go this semester even if they went last semester since it is their last chance. The money is already there, we just wanted to let you know what the deal was with this. We also wanted to talk to you about making TYPO permanent and putting it in the master general fund. We would be asking for $14000 for 1000 students to go per year. The Dean of Faculty would also contribute $2500 a year.

Lincoln: We are asking for authorization to carry over the funds from last year.

Elan: Have you spoken to the treasurer because I know Paris rolls over money to the discretionary?

Lincoln: To the best of my knowledge, the money appears to be in the account.

Gloria: I don’t understand why we aren’t letting people take out professors this semester that took professors out last semester.

Mira: If you want to allot $14000 per semester I will try to work to get the funds necessary to do that, but with the money there is now, there is only enough money for one semester. There is not enough for students to go again.

Ethan: Motion to reauthorize.

Elan: That isn’t really necessary.

E. Spring Concert

Matt: The BC was discussing this last night. How many people go to the Spring concert, how much do the bands usually cost?

Mira: The Roots concert drew about 2000 people. 600 of those people were Amherst students. The Roots cost between $30,000 and $35000. The entire show was maybe $50000-$60000.

Matt: Can you target ticket sales to Amherst students?

Mira: We give them a really big discount.

Matt: How many people fit in the gym?

Mira: 2200 I think.

Richa: How different is this from the fall one?

Mira: There is a bigger budget and we have more time so we can do a poll. The hope is that we get something a lot more people want to come to and we have a lot more time to publicize it.

Christina: How much money do you make from it?

Mira: $5000. That doesn’t cover our costs though.

Noah: What about the possibility about making the concert free to all students?

Mira: The way we see it is that these are pretty big groups and people that are willing to see them will be willing to pay 5 dollars. We go into debt and the $5000 goes toward paying groups that we have already booked for the semester.

Justin: The fall concert is a small thing and the spring concert is usually headliners.

Ethan: I think this discussion would be more productive if the BC were to sit down with the Program Board and SoCo and come back to the Senate.

Mira: I just don’t want to have this poll if we aren’t going to have it. We are thinking about not having a fall concert and having alternatives for that.

Kay: I have talked to a lot of people on campus and they feel like we are spending a lot of money to entertain non-Amherst students.

F. Committee spots.

Christian: Since I wasn’t removed legitimately, I should still be on those two committees. I think is unfair to both myself and my replacement that they were put up the next week . I motion the Senate place me back. Since I will be the only one left on these committees because the rest of the members are seniors it will of benefit to have someone there familiar with it.

Elan: We can do a motion to rescind the appointment.

Gloria: Second

Lincoln: Shouldn’t we table this for next week because John may not have an objection.

Matt: I don’t think we should put the obligation on John to consider his position. I think it puts him in a difficult position.

Lincoln: I’m sorry I didn’t mean to imply that.

Christian: If someone ran for the position, they obviously wanted to sit on the committee. It shouldn’t have been put up in the first place.

Jin-Young: I don’t know if you should automatically be sitting on the committee.

Christian: It states in the constitution that a student can be removed of his committee if he has violated the constitution. It doesn’t say anything about removing me in this way.

Dave: I think he should be put back on this committee because the JC said that he should not have been removed. He is back on the Senate and never should have been off of it.

Matt: I move the question.

Dave: Second.

SEE VOTE 8 BELOW. Rescind Appointment (Vote nullified due to being frivilous) - MOTION PASSES: 16-4-2.

G. Bylaws Amendment

Mihailis: I propose the following amendment:

I. D.

The Vice president shall also have the duty of defining and announcing the absence policy in any way he sees fit (possibly including half absences). This policy may be altered during the year and may be also be overturned by a 2/3 vote of the Senate. If the Senate so rejects the absence policy, the vice president is to redefine it addressing the grievances of the Senate.

Matt: Second.

Mihailis: I think we should have a set attendance policy and that the vice president is the person to make it.

Roz: I think the student body should make this decision.

Rania: Point of information – Shouldn’t we make another motion to put Christian back on the committee?

Lincoln: There is no explicit mention in the committee assignment the vice president should decide how to act.

Dan: The committee report refers to the attendance policy and Christian’s removal. It was an illegitimate action of the Senate.

Ryan: I think there is one interesting kink in this. Elan technically has the authority to remove members from the organization based on the attendance policy. Should some further delineation be made for E-board members?

Jake: This is the sort of clarification of language we need to better function and I think it is a great amendment. This is the sort of mechanism that gives our organization legitimacy. This keeps senators coming for the expressed reason that if you are not here for the meetings you can be removed.

Avi: Call the question.

Mihailis: Objection. This is an internal matter dealing with inter-workings. Taking this to a student wide referendum is a little unnecessary. We shouldn’t have to make the students vote for us to come to the meetings.

Justin: We need to be very clear with the rules on attendance. We need to say something about the policy specifically. It needs to be cut and dry.

Lincoln: I thought our responsibility was to be here for all of the meeting

Mira: I agree with Justin in that we have to have a well delineated absence policy. This amendment would give him the right to do this. There was nothing about the policy itself that made it unconstitutional but just that there was a policy. I don’t think we should be able to change this whenever we want and I think it is appropriate for the vice president to do this.

Matt: Move the question.

Gloria: Second.

SEE VOTE 9 BELOW. Bylaw Amendment Absence Policy – MOTION PASSES: 21-1-0.

Rania: Motion to put Christian back on the Committee of Trusteeship and Student Life.

Jake: Second.

Dan: This isn’t necessary because he is already on the committee. As a senator he is on committees and we have to negate what happened to him in so far as his removal from the committees and the Senate.

Elan: Ok, the JC says that Christian is back on the committees.

X. Teacher of the Year (11:01 PM)

Meeting closed (11:02 PM).

ROLL CALL VOTES

Vote Descriptions

6 $540 increase for Capoiera

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7 2/9/04 BC Funding Recs

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8 Rescind Appointment (Vote nullified due to being frivilous)

 

9 Bylaw Amendment Absence Policy

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SENIOR SENATORS

6

7

8

9

 

Kay Bradley

Y

Y

Y

Y

 

Miahilis Diamantis

Y

Y

Y

Y

 

Lincoln Mayer

Y

Y

A

Y

 

Luke Swarthout

/

/

/

/

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JUNIOR SENATORS

 

 

 

 

 

Ethan Davis

N

Y

Y

/

 

Rosalyn Foster

N

Y

Y

N

 

Jin-Young Kim

N

Y

Y

Y

 

Daniel Reiss

Y

Y

Y

Y

 

Christian Sanchez

Y

Y

A

Y

 

David Scherr

N

Y

Y

Y

 

Justin Sharaf

N

Y

Y

Y

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SOPHOMORE SENATORS

 

 

 

 

 

Rania Arja

N

Y

Y

Y

 

Taamiti Bankole

A

Y

Y

Y

 

Caleb Deats

N

Y

/

/

 

John Lian

Y

Y

A

Y

 

Mira Serrill-Robins

N

Y

N

Y

 

Ian Shin

N

Y

N

Y

 

Matt Vanneman

N

Y

N

Y

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FRESHMEN SENATORS

 

 

 

 

 

Richa Bhala

N

Y

Y

Y

 

Avi Das

Y

A

Y

Y

 

Noah Isserman

N

Y

Y

Y

 

Marco Locascio

/

/

/

/

 

Gloria Monfrini

A

A

Y

Y

 

Levan Moulton

Y

/

Y

Y

 

Christina Ryu

N

Y

Y

Y

 

Jacob Thomas

Y

Y

N

Y

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Y = Yes

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

N = No

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A = Abstention

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

/ = Not Present for Vote